Listen or subscribe on any podcast app, including:
Making Modern Meaning from Our Ancient Texts
On Seven Minute Torah, we discuss the weekly Torah portion in about 7 to 10 minutes. Weaving together philosophy, spirituality and tradition, we make modern meaning from our ancient sacred texts – reading them through liberal Jewish eyes.
Longer episodes include a bonus interview with leading rabbis and Jewish thought leaders.
Check out the latest episodes:
Vayikra: Fullness of Life (A Conversation with Rabbi Yitz Greenberg) – Seven Minute Torah
Vayikra is all about the details of animal sacrifice in the ancient Tabernacle. In this episode, Rabbi Yitz Greenberg gives us a new and meaningful way to understand this parashah – as being about the affirmation of life. — Seven Minute Torah is a production of LAASOK. For info on our weekly Zoom Torah study groups or other learning opportunities (all in an inclusive, egalitarian environment) go to https://laasok.org/. To become a supporter of this podcast, visit http://www.patreon.com/sevenminutetorah. To join the Seven Minute Torah Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sevenminutetorahgroup Questions or comments? Email me at email@example.com.
- Vayikra: Fullness of Life (A Conversation with Rabbi Yitz Greenberg)
- Vayakhel-P’kudei: Words that Inspire (A Conversation with Rabbi Barbara AB Symons)
- Ki Tisa: Seeing God’s Back
- T’tzaveh: 12 Stones, 12 Tribes, Finding a Better Society
- Terumah: Finding God AT (not IN) the Western Wall
- Mishpatim: Laws and their Meaning
- Yitro: Radical Amazement and the Impulse to Worship
Join my mailing list to receive updates about new episodes, as well as occasional other published writings/teachings:
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.