Engaging Classes in Jewish Thought & Practice –
Through Liberal Jewish Eyes
I am available as a Scholar in Residence for congregations and organizations, and can offer classes in a number of formats – single sessions, series, weekend events, or lunch & learn sessions.
Together we will:
• Explore relevant Jewish ideas and practices that matter in our lives.
• Create an inclusive, pluralistic learning space.
• Affirm liberal Jewish values and authenticity.
• Engage directly with Jewish texts.
• Explore our own beliefs & practices while deepening our knowledge of Judaism
Some of my most popular sessions include:
- Beyond the “Old Man in the Sky” – Radical Jewish Views of God
- O Jerusalem! – The 3000 Year History of a City and an Idea
- Jewish History in an Hour
- How Green is Your Torah? – Exploring Judaism’s Environmental Ethic
- Who is a Jew? Ancient Traditions & Shifting Landscapes
“Rabbi Streiffer taught an excellent course to our congregation. He was engaging and knowledgeable, was well prepared with interesting and thoughtful texts, and we plan to invite him back to teach again.“
Rabbi Stephen Wise, Shaarei-Beth El Congregation – Oakville, Ontario
Rabbi Micah Streiffer is a master of Zoom talks. He recently gave our congregation a lively, thoughtful and engaging presentation about Judaism and the environment, generating much discussion among our members.
Alan Breznick, Chair of Adult Education, Beth Isaiah – Guelph, Ontario
“Rabbi Micah brings Torah to life with his depth of knowledge, insight & humour.”
Susan Proctor, Charlotte, North Carolina
“Rabbi Streiffer, thank you so much for connecting with us online through video conference! We all learned a lot from you today! It was a very good experience for the students.“
Prof. Tina Chi, Fu-Jen University – Taipei, Taiwan